Friday, January 23, 2009

The Fall of Winter

Twinkle twinkle little grain
Falling from the sky again
I wish I may, I wish tonight
That all can see your beauty bright

Sparkling like the morning dew
Once again, I’m here for you
Staring at your fellow star
From a distance, my body far

I can’t take my sight away
My eyes fixed, know no sway
Radiant fixtures all surround
And I, in sight, hear no sound

You are my sound, fragile flame
In the dawn, you won’t be the same
So here I am, moment to preserve
Blinking once, my mind unnerves

Your friends, from the sky they fall
Yet, with them, no compare withal
A cousin forms, my sight is blurred
In the morning, you’ll concur

Splashed all down the sidewalk now
I don’t know where, nor I know how
Angels litter the ground near here
A celestial graveyard the stones leer

Collectively, they all are gone
The grains of sand melt into song
The god-induced sandbox nigh
Is not as forgiving as they cry

Silent screams all stop my step
Spastically, my heart they’ve kept
Running down the sidewalk’s side
My patience has all but lied

Permeate yon suicidal thought
The watery lemmings, ghastly lot
Have all but left the soil today
All in their melancholy way

Yet as they slide down the cliff
They saunter up that heavenly lift
And as I make that breathless dive
It’s the first moment, I feel alive

No comments:

Post a Comment